Wednesday

Zed and KaBoom!





Debbie won a photo session I donated to the Windy City Canine Rescue's Bark in the Park event earlier this summer.  I knew she had a gorgeous shepherd named Zed, but I didn't know she also had a little firecracker of a dog named KaBoom.


Talk about fun, playful dogs.  I had a blast tying to keep up with these two!

Zed was a fetching machine...


And KaBoom was usually off hunting and exploring, but checked back with us occasionally to make sure we hadn't been eaten alive by mosquitos.


I couldn't believe how bad the bugs were.  It was truly insane.  Debbie was smart and wore long sleeves and long pants - I was not so smart.  I sprayed with bug spray before going out, but it didn't seem to have too much effect.  The river provided some relief for all of us.


Zed was happy to keep retrieving whether we were on land or water.


KaBoom was also willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to rescue the ball.



Thanks Debbie for braving the killer mosquitos and introducing me to your two incredible dogs.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Do you know if Kaboom is a Border/Jack? We have a Border/Jack that looks almost exactly like Kaboom only tri. Boss is a fun, evil little thing!
    Here are some pictures of her http://sclmarm.livejournal.com/114606.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know that KaBoom is a Border/Jack:) Boss is from That'll Do Border Collie rescue in Canada. She was found as a stray so we were assuming she was a Border/Jack, but after seeing KaBoom I'm sure now:)

    ReplyDelete