Wednesday

Izzy Plays Ball


If I'd been thinking straight, I would have brought a baseball to this photo session.  Izzy isn't used to running around off leash so instead of just letting her loose in the coulees, we brought her to a nice fenced area.  These are hard to find around Lethbridge, but if you go early enough in the morning, you just might be able to sneak on to a ball diamond in Dave Elton Park.  Shhh.... Don't tell anyone as I don't think technically we were allowed to be there!


Izzy thought she had died and gone to heaven.  She had a blast running around and following her nose.  And we only had one small opening in the fence to guard to make sure she didn't end up roaming the streets.


After she had her fill of the ball diamond, we headed home for some more pictures where she was a little more comfortable and a little more focused on playing.



There is a reason I love beagles.... Just look at this face!


And they are clever too.  Especially when food was involved.  I think it only took 3 treats to teach Izzy how to catch!


Thanks Roberta and Izzy for spending the morning with me.  I'm glad we all survived Izzy's first off leash adventure!

2 comments:

  1. The fourth picture reminds me of my beagle Kusy. That's exactly the same expression that he has when we tug a toy around.
    Remarkably, he doesn't really like to fetch unless he feels like it and isn't distracted by things. Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops sorry I posted this comment on the wrong post! I meant to do it on the post with Bailey.

    ReplyDelete