Saturday

Bigger Sausages

I went back to the shelter again today. I couldn't resist a peek at the little sausages.  You can see "Jersey" a little better this time.  Is it bad, that I've named a puppy?  Lily the mom is a beagle cross and they think that daddy was probably a rottweiler due to the black and tan pups.



This girl (whose name I can't remember) was so fun to hang out with.  She played fetched with a tennis ball, ate many treats and smiled lots for the camera.


Sage was so sweet and so sad.  She was an owner surrender and her heart seemed to be broken.  She would very gently take treats and then retreat with a beaten look.  I had a hard time getting her ears to come up but even then you could see the sadness in her eyes.  Poor girl.  I wanted to take her home.


Hardi was being surrendered just as I arrived.  :(  She had just recently been adopted from the shelter too.  I don't know what happened, but she seems like a fun loving girl to me.


This is either Whiskers or Tuffy!  They are both grey with yellow eyes and I could barely tell them apart in person, never mind from their photos. I need to figure out a system where I can better identify them once I get home.  :)


Kaleah was so much fun to photograph. She has really striking features and was a total ham for the camera.



Angie is probably mirroring the look I was giving her.  :)  She would NOT sit still and pose nicely for me.  I'm not sure if it is just me, but I swear the black cats, which are the hardest to photograph in the first place, are the worst at sitting still and giving eye contact.  I like to going to the shelter on a Saturday because then I have all the time in the world and can wait a little more patiently for them to finally strike a pose.


And this little girl was also just dropped off while I was there. She was found wandering the streets. She was so sweet.  She just melted at my feet every time I came near her. All she wanted to do was please me.




If you or anyone you know is looking for a pet, please consider checking out the Lethbridge Animal Shelter.  There are always tonnes of great dogs and cats there.

No comments:

Post a Comment