Saturday

Fun at the Shelter

Every time I go to the animal shelter, strong emotions emerge and today was no different except today started with pure delight.  I LOVE Tonka.


He was such a riot.  He would fetch the ball, bring it back but then lie down and tuck the ball under his chin.  When you reached for the ball he would use his head to block your hand.  It was all part of the game and you really had to dig to get the ball back.


And then Guiness, reminded me of Chewy at the daycare. He kept pawing and meowing asking to climb aboard.  If I didn't already have a cat, I think this one would have been coming home with me.  He had a great personality.  And don't you love those wild eyebrows?


Cleopatra (below) made me a little sad. She was very scared and just wanted to be comforted.  I was on the floor taking pictures and she would crawl under my legs to find a safe spot and a few times when I was laying down she burrowed under my head and made a little nest in my hair.  She was so sweet and just wanted to be loved.


And there is always something about Siamese crosses.  They are just soooo gorgeous.

Campino definitely has the best name!  He too was a little unsure of his new situation but with a little time and patience, he would make a very sweet companion.



As always, this is just a taste of the pets at the shelter.  Go visit, fall in love, and bring a new friend home.

No comments:

Post a Comment